Sunday 23 December 2018

Thurs, 20th Dec, 2018 10 Mile Outcamp, Tarmoola Station, 60km north of Leonora, WA



7am 26 degrees, clear sky, cool northerly breeze.

Updated my blog. Others in Leonora were visited by the yellow and black beetle. One lady said it was a Fiddler Beetle but it is usually only found on the east coast of Australia.

Headed off detecting again with Bob and Margaret. Track out much smoother after the boys attempted with the big metal grid they towed behind the truck.

No joy at the first place. Next spot was near the main homestead – Kym and Glen had gone to Kalgoorlie. Steve found a little nuglet so called me over. He went of wandering so I worked over the area around his nuglet. I got a loud signal which I thought was rubbish but decided to dig it any cast. It was a red rock. I didn’t have any water with me so I had to do a ‘Steve’ and put it in my mouth to clean it. I could see faint gold markings so I was very excited. Nothing else for the others so we headed home.

Had a cuppa then the boys relocated the fuel pod – Steve made a lower platform which was closer to the generator.

Margaret brought out a bottle of bubbly as they head off tomorrow. Will see them again next year and hopefully find more gold!!

Mum rang to say she saw Kathy and Judy. Poor Wayne is not doing too well and has lost a lot of weight. Will give them a call.

Lovely evening chatting – I put out a mozzie coil but they were too bad tonight. Sat chatting til 8pm then went into our vans for dinner. Even spotted a few satellites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment