Monday 28 January 2019

Sat, 26th Jan, 2019 10 Mile Outcamp, Tarmoola Station, 60km north of Leonora, WA (Australia Day)



7.30am 29 degrees, windy and cloudy.

Steve worked on the old ute while I cleared behind the shed to make an easier pathway through to the shower and toilet block – not that we use them but when the workers arrive it will make life easier.

10am 34 degrees. Clouds are clearing but still heavy in the north. Cuppa on the verandah watching Cyril wander about. He had just got in for a cool off in the bird bath when his head shot up. I heard birds tweeting in the bush and looked that way. Instead of birds there was another goanna heading towards us. Cyril wasn’t having that so he charged over to him and sent him on his way – quite funny, should have had my camera. We have named the new chap, Charlie. He sulked off towards the water tank. Cyril then wandered along the edge of the verandah and right beside me – little bit too close for my liking. He went under the van and when I went in to wash my dishes he gave me a start as he was right beside the step. He wasn’t worried, just crawled a bit further under the van!!

Had lunch in the van watching a 4x4 DVD – they were making a new track at Lorella Springs, NT. Looks a lovely place to explore one day.

The wind is getting stronger from the south east. 2pm 37 degrees. Rang Mum and Dad to see if they had web feet yet. They have been having wonderful monsoonal rain, though her clothes are struggling to get dry!!

Had a cuppa watching more clouds come our way from the north. Lots of great Australia Day posts from family and friends on Facebook. Spectacular photos of all the rain and flooding at home too.

Closed up the top hatch of the van just in case it rained though none is forecast for here. Drove down to the homestead to spend the afternoon and evening with Kym and Glen. Steve did his normal routine – fuel up, find more bits and pieces he needs for jobs etc. while I chatted with Kym. I had washed my hair at lunch so Kym braided it for me – a sideways one so the plait could come down over my shoulder. Very nice. Wish I could braid or Steve could but I think that is a bit too much for his big fingers.

Played Sequence while we had our drinks – I paired up with Glen while Steve and Kym were the other team since they had a win the other night. Glen and I were ahead 3 games to 1 but we kept playing and they caught back up so it came down to a decider and sadly ‘they won’. Great fun.

The clouds are looking heavier in the north.

Kym cooked up a feast again and we had yummy lemon meringue pie for dessert. Don’t think the scales are going to be nice to us on Monday. Lovely way to finish Australia Day.

Kym had bought a blow up pool from Kmart for $49 and it is double our one with a filter too. Amazing. It was great for the grand kids and they have it on the concrete patio under cover so it is staying nice and cool. They have plenty of water here. Glen said he found two other pumps in the shed from the previous owner who had the same pool so we took one to try on our ‘pool’.

We headed home via the haul road as usual. They had just graded and were watering it when we drove down. As we turned onto the highway Steve commented about a ticking sound. I could hear it in the middle of the truck but when I put my ear to the door it was gone. After a while he decided to pull over and oops we had a flat on the left rear. Unfortunately it was a slice on the inner wall so that tyre has had it. He changed the tyre and we got on the road again. I always text Kym to let her know what’s happening and when we get home from night’s out which is handy to know someone knows where we are and visa versa.

Back home by 9.30 – had a cuppa and watched some TV before hitting the sack.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment