Sunday 30 August 2015

Sat, 29th August, 2015 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns (Pier and Trinity Beach)


Beautiful morning. Got up early as Steve wanted to head off around 8am up to Palmer River.

Into town to meet Sandra and Wendy at the Pier for lunch. We managed to get a park under the Pier because the Esplanade has been closed for the Festival of Cairns parade tonight. It has been 34 years since I was in the Fun In The Sun Parade as Miss Cairns 1981.

Great to see Sandra again, she is looking wonderful. Wendy filled us in on Sarah’s adventures in Italy etc. Lovely lunch overlooking the marina – Steve’s boat has been delivered!! The little one on the end – we wish!!!

Got my hair cut – first cut in one year other than me trimming my fringe!! Erica texted they had arrived home at 4.45am. Steve rang to say he had arrived safely and was heading out to find his first bit of gold.

Wendy & David picked me up to meet Kaylene & Rick and Andrea & Alan at Trinity Beach for cocktails then dinner. Beautiful view over the sea as the moon rose. Forgot my camera so Andrea took this photo on her phone. We do live in the best city. Great night out with my fabulous friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment