Sunday 23 August 2015

Thurs, 20th August, 2015 Janet & Geoff’s, Smiths Gully to Mum & Dad’s, Cairns


Beautiful sunny morning but the wind is up. 10 degrees in the van at 7am.

Steve coloured my hair so I am all ‘beautiful’ to go home except for the extra kilos I have put on!!! Oh well I am sure my family and friends won’t notice!!

Tidied everything up and turned off the fridge etc after using up the last of the food for lunch. Loaded up Janet’s car to head into the airport – want to have heaps of time.

Got text from Jetstar saying our flight has been delayed an hour so now have more time to kill.

After a bit of confusion we found the correct long term parking to leave Janet’s car as they fly back in on Saturday. It is called ‘Stress Free Parking’ – that might be for locals but we got stressed!! Got on the free bus and up to Jetstar to book in.

Made it through security after having to pull the lap top out and take off my bangles. Found a coffee shop to settle in and wait for our flight.

Went to the boarding gate and tried out some wines on the way!! Made it through with our bulging backpacks and laptop!! We hadn’t booked seats so we were offered the emergency seats with more leg room. Very nice – just have to be prepared to open the doors etc in a crash!! Had a tiny pie and sausage roll for dinner!! Chatted with the lady beside us who is the manager of the new Anaconda store near Masters. She is also distantly related to the Wilsons of Palmerville of which they don’t want to know now – the ones who murdered Bruce.

Arrived in Cairns to lovely weather – just the slightest hint of a chill in the air. Probably about 17 degrees. We are in heaven.

Mum and Dad picked us up – so wonderful to see them both. Strange feeling driving back that I don’t feel like I have been away. When we used to go away for BMX comps etc I felt as if I had been away for months when we flew back but this is a totally different feeling.

I texted the boys we were back and will see them tomorrow. Chatted with them over a coffee then off to bed in my old bedroom in my old bed!!

NO PHOTOS TODAY



No comments:

Post a Comment