Thursday 5 November 2015

Tues, 3rd November, 2015 Pete & Marion’s, Camden (Melbourne Cup Luncheon)


Overcast morning with heavy clouds – rain predicted. Glad we did our walk yesterday.

I put on the washing as there is more rain forecasted for tomorrow too.

Marion said her friend had a spare ticket so I dug out my dress from last Melbourne Cup – when I was actually in Melbourne at the Cup with ‘the girls’ last year. I had given away my fascinator but Marion had a spare one. Left Steve home to hang out the rest of the washing and to do his maintenance check on the truck and van.

We were with two other ladies, Cheryl and another Marion at the Campbelltown Catholic Club. Kerri-Anne Kennelly was the host and there was a fashion parade, best dressed competition, live music and a photo booth. Marion and I had some fun. I had forgotten to take my camera.




Lovely day with delicious food and a few drinks. I had backed 5 horses and even got some good ones in the sweep. I saw Prince of Penzance on the list and said to Marion that I should have backed that one as I love the Pirates of Penzance but it was such long odds I figured I should save my money!! Should have done it!! We didn’t realise it carried a female jockey otherwise we all would have backed it. I did win the Lucky Seat and the prize was the flower arrangement on the table!!

After another drink in the Club’s boardroom we headed home.

I cooked dinner and even made sticky date pudding for Pete as it is his birthday tomorrow.  Rang Mum and Dad to see if they backed a winner – they did but didn’t put a bet on!! Texted Sandra and Wendy to say I was thinking about ‘the girls’ today.


No comments:

Post a Comment