Thursday 23 June 2016

Mon, 20th June, 2016 Lake Mason Homestead, 56km NE of Sandstone, WA


7.30am 15.7 degrees, sunny though there are clouds on the horizon.

The boys headed off to try and find the mines that Dave & Majella were looking for last time.

Collected some timber for the fire and I got the fire going in the shower block so I could wash my hair. I washed out Steve’s detecting clothes and hung them with the others out in the sunshine. There was a good breeze blowing too. Sent texts to my boys to say hi.

The clouds moved in and the wind has picked up so I put up the weather shield on the side of the awning. Got all the washing dry.

Read through the manuals that came with the Geo Maps program on my computer.

Steve’s jeans had rips in them so I got out my needle and thread and did some repairs while I chatted with Mum and Dad. Light rain has started to fall.

The boys came back as the rain was getting a bit heavier. No gold where they tried. The book they were following had GPS marks but different to the Long/Lat that we are using. I had read about Northings and Eastings in the info I got so I now know how to change it on the Hema and I marked the spots from the book. The boys had nearly made it there so after the rain they will go back and check it out.

Got the 44 gallon drum fireplace going – even had flames out the top.

Sat under the awning near the fireplace chatting then headed back into the van as the rain started to get heavier.

Jeff put on his generator so we connected into it and charged up everything. I worked on my computer while Steve watched TV.



No comments:

Post a Comment