Monday 20 June 2016

Sat, 18th June, 2016 Quinns Lake bush camp, 50km S of Meekatharra, WA


6.30am 11 degrees – heater goes on so it is just right when we get out of bed at 7am!! Clear sky with a light cold breeze.

I headed into Meeka to fuel up, get a few more groceries and top up the water in the truck. The boys went detecting.

I was back for lunch and they didn’t have any gold!!

Jeff went off on his own and Steve and I went down to see Craig who gave me a GeoMap program that you can link with a satellite gizmo so you can see the tengraph areas, topo map, where gold mines are etc. Should be helpful except I have to have it on my laptop on my lap so will investigate if I can put it on the Hema Navigator. I seem to be having to use my brain a lot with this gold detecting!!

Steve dropped me back at camp and he headed out for another detect. Unfortunately no gold but Jeff found a nice 1.7 gram nugget which was great.

Another lovely night by the fire though not as windy as last night but chillier.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment