Friday 17 June 2016

Wed, 15th June, 2016 Lake Mason Homestead, 56km NE of Sandstone, WA


6.30am 10 degrees in the van – heater goes on. Clear blue sky.

7.30am still only 8 degrees outside!!

The boys headed off to check out some scrapes they heard about while I decided to do the washing while I had plenty of water and sunshine.

It was warm in the sun that I got down to shorts and t-shirt for the morning.

The breeze came up and was a bit chilly but I was in the van by then working on the family tree photos again – changed how I was doing it so had to start again!! Lucky I have plenty of time.

The boys came back – Jeff with two little bits of gold in rocks and Steve with no gold. A bulldozer had been in there and pushed around a creek area then detected and then covered over again. It must have only been a week before we arrived as we had noticed lots of broken branches as we came in the main track. A bit naughty of them as they had not mining right to do machinery work.

Steve did bring me back two old emu eggs and a lid to ‘Bird’s Egg Substitute’. The eggs were all white. There were about 5 around the base of a tree – I wonder what happened to the parents.


Got the fires going and enjoyed a nice long hot shower as we are moving on tomorrow and will be back to our quick showers.

Lovely sunset and evening by the fire. We have really enjoyed our stay here though a bit more gold would have been nice.



A light cloud came over about 8pm and created the strange ring around the moon again.




No comments:

Post a Comment