Wednesday 15 June 2016

Tues, 14th June, 2016 Lake Mason Homestead, 56km NE of Sandstone, WA


8am 14 degrees, foggy and overcast with misty rain. I set about trying to find my earring – searched the bed, shook all the mats out then went over the shower block carefully. Found the back of the earring so figured it must come out in the shower. Steve got out the detector and checked the road from the van to the shower block. I then had a revelation and checked my loofa and there it was stuck in the mesh – thank goodness. Steve had given me this pendant and earrings set many years ago!!

Not very enticing to go detecting today. I cleaned the floor of the van after I had shook the mats there was dirt everywhere. The boys looked a maps and Steve fixed up the single butane burner he had found dumped – the ignitor wasn’t working so that was easily fixed . It’s amazing what people toss away. I put my big gold nugget, ha ha, on Facebook and got lots of responses from all my friends. Rang Mum and Dad and texted the boys with my news.

The sun came out at lunch but there were still lots of dark clouds in the south. They decided to go for a drive and try and find the scrapes that the bulldozer had recently done near here. Before they left a 4WD drove in to the homestead so they went over to chat. It was a couple from a neighbouring station coming for a look.

I worked on my family tree again while the boys went for a drive. Jeff found a little bit and a rock with gold in it. Steve was just getting exercise!! It looked like someone did a sneaky bulldoze and detect in a creek area, as they had pushed it all back again. We had noticed a lot of tree branches broken as we drove in to the homestead so that would have been the big truck with the dozer on it.

Got the fires going as it looked like it would be a bit nicer tonight. Still cloudy but you could see the half moon through them.


NO PHOTOS TODAY

No comments:

Post a Comment