Sunday 12 June 2016

Sat, 11th June, 2016 Lake Mason Homestead, 56km NE of Sandstone, WA


7am 8.5 degrees in van and 4.6 outside. Clear sky – lovely colours as the sun rises.

The boys headed off early with David and Majella to check out some other old mine areas.

The wind came up and got quite gusty. We hadn’t put down the van’s legs so I went out and put them down to stabilise the van. It was cold outside so I stayed inside and worked on my family tree photos. Rang Kaylene and Rick for a chat.

Only 16 degrees in the van at midday, with it all closed up!!

David and Majella came back at 3. I didn’t hear them come in as I had Rod Stewart singing to me and I was enjoying the sun coming in through the wind while I typed. They didn’t find any gold and they couldn’t get to where they wanted to go. They had gone back to 3 Mile Well where Steve and I went and left the boys there.

I went online for Majella to get the Electoral Commission contact for her so they could work how they were going to vote. Lyn sent me this photo that Jeff had taken on her Ipad when we were at Tunnel Hill. That’s us up under the arch.

The boys got back at 5pm, I had just got the shower fire and main fire started. Still windy but not too bad.

Steve had taken the camera so took some photos of the mines etc.












Steve got 4 pieces for 1.6 grams. The biggest one was 0.5g.


Had our showers early and then joined the others around the fire. The wind stopped and it was a lovely evening. About 8pm the cold descended on us so we got out the ‘lovelies warmers’ and showed David and Majella how great they area. Opened our new bottle of port and had some with our coffee by the fire.


No comments:

Post a Comment