Saturday 11 May 2019

Fri, 10th May, 2019 Bush camp near Mertondale Mine, north-east of Leonora to Malcolm Dam, near Leonora, WA



6.45am 7.6 degrees – on with the heater again. Clear sky and light breeze.

7.30 11 degrees. Got up and started packing up to head back to Leonora.

Topped up the water tanks and got our mail etc. Got our postal votes for the Federal Election next Saturday and the new rear view cameras we ordered as ours have died after 4 ½ years.

Found a different spot to park at Malcolm Dam with the others. The Victorian group from the pending leases got under ‘our tree’ before we got here! The dam’s water level has dropped a lot.

Plugged in the wifi and uploaded my blog, checked emails and Facebook. I had an email from a company saying I ordered some product for $486 so checked my credit cards and luckily nothing has been taken out. There was a phone number so rang them and said I didn’t order it. The lady said she would get the online dept to check it out and send me an email. The email did arrive and it said they had identified it as a fraud and the money refunded to the credit card – very strange scam. Maybe they were hoping I would give my card number over to receive the credit so they could steal the money then but they didn’t ask me for it so hopefully that will be the end of it. I will keep an eye on my credit cards for a while just in case.

Everyone had a quiet afternoon. Steve took Bob and Margaret out to the pending area so they knew where to go tomorrow. Both Margaret and Kerry downloaded The Happy Prospector App so they will be secure in knowing where they can and can’t detect.

Warmed up around the fire with our drinks. Steve saw a falling star so hopefully that is a good sign for us.

Arranged to visit Kym and Glen up at 10 Mile tomorrow for lunch.

Checked the weather, lows of 7 and only up to 20 during the day for the next week!

Dinner, hot shower and movies. Haven’t fixed the aerial so can’t try to get TV reception yet but Free to Air is only rubbish nowadays any case.


No comments:

Post a Comment