Friday 10 May 2019

Thurs, 25th Apr, 2019 Niagara Dam, near Kookynie, WA



7am 15 degrees, clear sky and strong wind which has blown all night.

Back to the pending leases again and we explored other areas. I got out of the truck and was detecting before the others has put on their gear and pinged a little bit. Seem to do that a bit lately but unfortunately there was no more gold to be found. One hit wonder I am or is it the gold fairies having a laugh as with that little bit of gold I get a spring in my step and I am off to find more. Unfortunately when no more comes I get very weary from swinging my detector for no reward!! It is like when we are fishing, we have to be catching fish or I want to shift. Luckily Steve has more patience than me, hence I say he has to find the patch and I will pick up all the little bits after he gets the big bits. Hasn’t been working like that lately though.

Ray managed to find two little bits then Steve got one little ball at the next spot. Tried another spot but it was full of rubbish.

Back to the vans for lunch inside away from the flies. 26 degrees in the van, feels hotter in the sun when we were detecting. The wind has stopped too.

We went back to the pushings area. I found so many bird shot pellets and was about to give up when I said ‘just one bit of gold and I will be happy to go home’. I turned around and got a light signal. I was amazed to find a tiny slither of gold – well at least I was happy to finish.

More vans have pulled in and set up camp around the dam area. We had our drinks again as the sun was setting. I heard the phone ring and it was Erica so we had a lovely chat. Jodie had rung her to say that Bryan had proposed to her while they were camping at the Undarra Lava Tubes. Not planning to marry though for a couple of years – seems to be the trend as that is the same as Jakob and Anna. Jodie is the first of the Geck grandchildren to get engaged. I sent off a text to Jodie and will have to ring her another time as they are still camping. David and Amanda went to Brisbane for the Anzac Day march and he marched with his old Air Force group. Erica and Terry are heading to Barcaldine to join 799 other caravanners in breaking a record for the longest moving line of caravans and motorhomes and also at night they have arranged for everyone to have a string of LED lights for the longest continuous line of lights. They should have fun.

Got dinner ready then watched some movies.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment