Saturday 11 May 2019

Thurs, 9th May, 2019 Bush camp near Mertondale Mine, north-east of Leonora, WA



6.30am 9 degrees – on with the heater!

7am 14 degrees – ok to get up now. Clear sky and no wind.

9am the wind came up while were we detecting bringing across clouds so one minute I was getting hot in the sun (as I still had my flanny on) then the cloud would come over and the cold wind would get you so I was glad I had my flanny on.

Margaret got a little bit so everyone has found a little bit of gold from here – not bad considering how many people have just been over the place.

Home for lunch. Steve coloured my hair – I can see too many greys!! I put on a stew in the Ecopot for dinner then swapped TV series again with Ray. Got my blog ready to upload when we get to Leonora tomorrow.

The sky has cleared but the wind is still cold and blowing. Jon rang to wish me a Happy Mothers Day. I said it was Sunday so he was early. He confessed he saw a sign with the Tableland Scarecrows and thought he had missed it. Lovely to hear from him anytime of course. He is getting excited about his Marina Plains fishing trip – hope they catch some Barra etc as there has been a lot of rain up there recently.

Looked at areas to detect in Nullagine as we will have to put in some 40Es for up there too. Chatted with Kerry about places to visit north and west of here as they have already done the Kimberleys so only have the Goldfields and coast area to explore. Hopefully we will meet up again in Nullagine or Marble Bar before they head back to Cairns for their son’s wedding in September in Bowen.

Cold wind is still blowing as we gathered around the fire – Steve using up all the bigger logs he collected as we will head back to Leonora tomorrow. The wind settled about 6.30 which was nice.

8.30 15 degrees in the van, another cold night ahead. Had a nice long hot shower as we will top up the water tanks tomorrow.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment