Wednesday 29 May 2019

Sun, 26th May, 2019 Bush camp near Jubilee Hill, 50km south of Laverton, WA



Wind got stronger in the early morning.

7.30am 11.5 degrees, mostly clear sky with wispy clouds in the north-east.

I had said to Mum when we were chatting that she should learn how to text on her mobile so when we have bad phone reception I can send them a message or two. This morning a text came through so I replied and we went back and forth a few times so she can get some practice.

Ray and Carol went off to where he got a sunbaker yesterday. Steve changed the shafts on his detector and redid the tape around the coils.

The wind has changed to a gusty northerly now. I slowly walked up and down the track near our van and got a little slither of gold. I asked Steve if it was smoko yet as the gold fairies only seem to be giving me one bit of gold each session. He said 15 more minutes so I continued gridding. As I walked back to the van I got a signal and another little bit of gold went in my jar. The gold fairies are being nice today. (Might sound like I have been too long in the bush with all my gold fairy talk but you have do something while I am swinging my coil and I may as well ask them to take me to the gold – no harm in that is there!!)

Steve pottered about packing up as we are leaving here tomorrow. I continued up and down the track and got another signal – yeah. Chatted with the fairies again and as I headed back to the van I got one near where we stack the wood. I made another cuppa to celebrate. The wind has settled and the sun is warming so I could safely remove my flannelette shirt now.

Half hour to fill in before lunch so I tried right beside the van and was rewarded with a nicer piece. Maybe my gold fairy has been sick and is now better as the last good day I had was when we first arrived.

Ray and Carol came back with two little bits so after lunch they headed back to that spot. I did some baking and Steve went for a drive to detect a different spot.

After smoko I went for another wander around the van and got a piece near the fire place then one under where we sit. I also got one where Steve parks the truck and one on the other side of the van – pays to check your own campsite. I needed one more bit so we had a gram each, then we both qualify for ice cream tonight. As I went out to try for it Steve came back with a small nuglet so I didn’t have to look for any more.

We drove over to Mark and Heidi’s camp to say farewell. Hopefully we will catch up with them in SA to do some fishing.

Last drinks by the fire which was nice now the wind had stopped blowing.

After dinner I cooked golden syrup dumplings, a recipe I got off Carol, to go with our ice cream – yum yum.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment