Friday 10 May 2019

Mon, 6th May, 2019 Bush camp near Mertondale Mine, north-east of Leonora, WA



7am 17 degrees, clear sky and light breeze.

Went back to where Steve got a little nugget yesterday. Detected for a while and I was about to give up and was headed back to the truck when I got a scream in some pine needles. Dragged it back thinking it was rubbish and I spotted a nice gold colour which was a lovely nugget. I was very excited and no one was around. I even put it in my mouth to clean it. When I spotted Steve coming back I wandered over to him which the nugget in my mouth so I could give him a golden kiss. He was most impressed as he hadn’t found anything.

Had a cuppa then I put on my chain so I could leave drag marks of where I walked as it gets very confusing going around the little bushes, trees and fallen branches. I marched back and forth but only got rubbish.

Back to the van for lunch, 25 degrees with a gusty wind.

The others all had spots to detect so we headed back to that spot again determined there must be more there. I got two more little bits – one is so small it barely registered on our scales.

Steve got one a little bigger but it is all gold and slowly adds up.

Back to camp. Brian had his second bit so they are both addicted now.

Breezy afternoon. 4pm still 25 degrees in the van. The breeze is cool from the south-west as we had our afternoon chat over drinks. Closed up the van as it is supposed to get colder again.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment