Tuesday 20 August 2019

Sat, 17th Aug, 2019 Bush camp near Western Shaw Mine, south-west of Marble Bar, WA



6.30am only 8.3 degrees – bit chilly for late autumn.

7.30am it had warmed up to 12.3 degrees. Clear sky and a light breeze.

We went back to our spot but worked the slope where Steve found his last bit yesterday.

We got a few more bits but not as good as yesterday unfortunately.

Checked out the other bigger pending area which had been burnt. Someone had dug some holes either side of a small gully and had dragged a chain to grid the area. I wandered over the holes – filling them in as I went and managed to ping a few little bits that the previous person had missed. Nothing for Steve.

Home for afternoon tea while we played a game of Skipbo – I won for a change but only by 1 card.

Steve started a new Dan Brown book, Inferno, while I wrote my blog.

As there is only a light breeze we sat outside while Steve got the fire going and had our drinks and celebrated his last day of being 59 year old. The sun disappears early behind the mountain but the sun is still shining on the other mountains.

The breeze stopped as Steve started cooking dinner – it was lovely to be outside enjoying the stars appearing. I spotted 3 satellites – two nearly crashed into each other!! Ha ha.

Lovely dinner – I have trained him well!!

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment