Tuesday 17 May 2022

Sun, 1st May, 2022 Bush camp by upper reaches of Leaders Creek, inland from Shoal Bay, NT

24 degrees this morning - lovely temp for sleeping.

Heard on the news that the Cowboys won the football match last night in Darwin.

After breakfast I did my baking. Steve pottered about and got some more firewood so we can have camp oven vegies with our pork chops tonight.

The kids in the other camp are back in the water still yelling but at least it is happy yelling.

Slowly working my way through the cruise on the blog - nice reliving it all again. I realised though I should have taken more notes as I am struggling to remember names of people and things that we learnt about.

Lovely breeze today making it quite comfortable. Only 31 degrees at lunch time.

Continued with my blog and Steve got the fire ready. So glad he is enjoying reading all the novels now as he might get a bit bored otherwise.

A chap walked around to check out our camper. He lives in Darwin now but spent some of his younger days in Herberton. 

Lovely sitting outside for drinks then dinner looking at the fire from a distance - too hot otherwise. Still quite humid and hot again as the breeze has stopped. Lovely dinner. Steve getting the hang of his new camp oven.

Cards again tonight. A few small bugs got in but not too bad.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment