Monday 11 September 2017

Sat, 9th Sept, 2017 Bush camp, near Meekatharra, WA


7am 20 degrees, clear sky.

Woke with sore shoulders and the rain had made the ground like concrete so I bailed out of detecting and just helped Steve. We chipped out a target I marked yesterday so I had my one bit for the day!!

Very humid this morning after the rain. Lara said they registered 5 mls in their rain gauge.

We had a very good morning working together.

Lunchtime the wind gusts were back bringing white puffy clouds.

Finished off detecting then got ready for BBQ night.

Played a few games of Skipbo before we cooked on the BBQ pit. Ross had some t-bones from his station friend and we all had a taste. They were very nice as he said the meat tastes better when they are from around here in preference to those down south that are on pastures.

Tara made dessert – yummy vanilla slice with passionfruit icing. She has lots of passionfruit she brought up from Kalgoorlie so I will give her my yummy passionfruit coconut tart recipe.

A lot warmer tonight – no need for boots and only needed a light jumper.


NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment