Wednesday 29 August 2018

Fri, 20th July, 2018 Jon & Jess’ home, Cairns, Qld



Not much sleep last night with the new bed, noises and two dogs wanting to get into my room. In the end I opened the door and they slept on the floor.

Continued working through my boxes. Got Daniel to come over in case I found the mouse but it was gone. Cleaned up the mess then restacked what I wanted to keep. Daniel and Fran took some casserole dishes and platters. Jess said she would like the books and will go through the rest when they get back. Then I will take what’s left to the Op Shop.

Played with the dogs – they are so funny. Bandit loves tug-of-war with his rope but then Lily tries to cash in on the act but she won’t fight. Just lies down so Bandit drags her around the floor. She is a naughty girl too as she will take his toy and then run away with it rather than play.

Kaylene picked me up for a walk along the Esplanade as Rick is with Steve. Beautiful evening with the sunset colours over the mountains. Should have brought my camera. No wind and the tide was in. We had dinner at the restaurant where Emma works – very nice but the chips were cold so she got us a big dish of very hot sweet potato wedges which were very nice.

Back to Jon’s for a cuppa on the deck in time to watch the fireworks for the Cairns Show.

Should sleep well tonight.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.




No comments:

Post a Comment