Wednesday 29 August 2018

Wed, 25th July, 2018 Jon & Jess’ home to Mum & Dad’s home, Cairns, Qld



Jon and Jess’ flight was cancelled. They are on one tomorrow. Poor things.

I packed my stuff and went back to Mum and Dad’s. Margit and Isabell called in for a chat. So lovely to catch up with her again.

Had lunch then went shopping. Played with the dogs and had a cuppa there.

I realised I hadn't taken any photos of the dogs so here is one Jon took of Lily and Bandit with their life jackets on in the boat up at Tinaroo Dam. So cute.

Bob and Margaret texted that they had arrived in Babinda.

Back home and Steve has just arrived back. He had put on his washing – good boy. He even brought me back some gold which was nice.

We rang Erica and she said she didn’t get any of my messages. She thought it was strange that I would miss her birthday. I am back in the good books when I explained that I had rung and messaged.

Got a message from Jon that they are on a flight tonight. Apparently the hostess got sick and Jetstar don’t have relief staff so they just cancel the flight – really!! I remember a flight was cancelled because the hostess was sick the last time I flew back to Cairns – luckily it wasn’t my flight.

We drove into the International Airport at 10pm and Jon was sitting in a wheelchair. He came down with the flu and had a high temp so they rushed them through Customs. Damon and Lara were going to bring their bags through for them. Jess had had Bali belly the night before and then when the flight was cancelled they were put up in a bad hotel so Jon didn’t get any sleep and sitting around in the airport waiting didn’t help matters. We dosed him up on cold & flu and water and after a luke warm shower he got into bed. Not the best end to a wonderful holiday.





No comments:

Post a Comment