Thursday 4 October 2018

Sun, 30th Sept, 2018 Bush camp, Mt Stuart Station, Tibooburra, NSW



6.30am 10 degrees, clear sky and a strong wind coming straight in the bed side. I had closed the door so we were snug in bed but we have to get out sometime.

Veronica’s birthday. No phone or internet reception so will have to send her a belated birthday message.

The cold wind kept us in long pants and shirts for most of the day. I worked on my blog while Steve went wandering with his detector. While my laptop was charging I went for a walk with my detector but only found lead and lead shot pellets so gave up. Steve came back with two little bits of gold – yeah. He only has one other bit of NSW gold that he found at Wattle Flat.

The flies have come out so on with my fly net. I can stand most things but not flies.

Steve put on his little Sadie coil since the gold is so little but it is a slower progress with such a small coil. He ended up with one more but decided to go back to his bigger coil.

I am catching up with my blog so I can upload it in town tomorrow.

The wind hasn’t let up but it is nice in the sun if you can get out of the wind.

Two more bits for Steve so he has half a gram for the day which covers the camp fees!!

The wind settled at last as the sun set so we enjoyed our shower without being wind blown then had a lovely dinner around the fire. Played Skipbo till we ran out of wood and it got too chilly.



No comments:

Post a Comment