Monday 9 September 2019

Sun, 1st Sept, 2019 Bush camp on Koonmarra Station, west of Meekatharra, WA



In the early hours I heard the mouse get caught in the trap so I woke Steve, of course, to deal with it. A while later I heard another noise – could there be a second one. Will have to reset the trap.

6am 11 degrees, went back to sleep. First day of Spring.

Father’s Day – our thoughts go out to Dad and Terry, hoping they have a lovely day.

8am 18 degrees, clear sky and gusty wind. We watched our blog photos while we had breakfast and three years ago we met Bob and Margaret at Carawine Gorge and have had a wonderful time with them since. Bob is doing repairs to the van so hopefully we will travel with them again soon. I will spend a few days with them before I fly home in October.

Joined Steve detecting this morning where he found his bits. It is very windy which makes it hard to hear the targets. His bits were random so we just kept wandering about hoping to jag another bit. No rubbish either so it was a bit boring then I got a loud signal that I was sure was rubbish but it turned out to be a bit of gold in the shape of a boomerang that was close to the surface which made it sound so loud.

No joy for Steve today. Went back to the van for a cuppa as the wind was blowing harder now so it wasn’t very nice.

Played Skipbo, we have some pretty close games. The wind is buffeting the van and the awning. Eventually we gave in and rolled in the awning.

Steve went off detecting again while I continued with my blog. No joy for Steve.

He started a new Dan Brown book while I continued writing. Have to keep recharging the laptop of course as you can’t use it and recharge at the same time with the 12 volt charger.

Played 3 to Kings while we had our drinks then the wind stopped at sun set – yeah.

No fire tonight as we are cooking inside.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment