Saturday 14 September 2019

Wed, 11th Sept, 2019 Housesit for Mickey & Chris, Sandstone, WA



7am 18.2 degrees, mostly clear sky and light breeze.

Mickey and Chris headed off early to Wiluna. The dogs missed them for a minute then fell asleep. They are well behaved so not a problem to look after.

The overnight guest left so I stripped the bed, cleaned the room and put on the washing. I stripped our bed too as I think I can safely put the cotton sheets on now as it has warmed up. Nice to have a big washing machine to give everything a good clean.

Steve pulled out the fridge (through the window) then found some ply and cardboard at the dump so pack around the fridge to protect it. I rang Caravan Shed to let them know it will be heading their way tomorrow. She said Jeff from Dometic had sent parts etc so hopefully it should only be a week or so before we get it back again.


The brake master cylinder had arrived via Australia Post but the post office has now closed so I had to collect it from the Shire Office. Brand new big building made of sandstone, of course. As the town only has a few homes it seemed excessive but Mickey said Sandstone Shire is actually one of the richest shires.

I took a booking for a room for next week – glad I can ring Mickey to check I did things correctly. Looks like we will be busier then when we were here last year, which was later in the year.

Quite hot by 3pm so I checked out the pool – it was freezing.

A couple from Fremantle arrived for the evening.

Enjoyed having access to Foxtel so watched the Formula 1 race in Italy and some movies. The Supercars are racing in New Zealand this weekend so we timed it well. Mickey will download the latest Games of Thrones too for us to watch which will be great.

Another warm evening in the van but the cotton sheets are nice and cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment