Wednesday 18 September 2019

Tues, 17th Sept, 2019 Housesit for Mickey & Chris, Sandstone, WA



7am 16 degrees, clear sky and light breeze.

Said farewell to Anton and Zina. Anton was so grateful for Steve’s help he gave me some money to buy Steve a bottle of rum as a thank you.

Steve headed off to give Joy a hand at the station fixing the trailer and moving furniture for their move soon to Dongara.

I cleaned the room and then repacked stuff under our bed.

Rang Mum and Dad – Mum was out shopping so I had a lovely chat with Dad.

I continued with the van clean out. Glenda, St Johns Ambulance, arrived to book in just as I made a cuppa so she joined me for a cuppa and a chat. That is the nice thing about a small accommodation concern you can spend time chatting with the guests. She is doing relief work covering Yalgoo, here, Meekatharra, Cue and Mt Magnet. That’s a lot of driving.

Quite warm today, 34 degrees but there is a good breeze blowing.

Mickey also provides an evening meal and lunch pack for a company that stays here regularly so I made their meal and lunch too. Nearly a full house tonight.

Mum rang back for a chat.

Steve came back in the afternoon in time for drinks. All the guests have arrived.

Dinner and movie inside then back to the van for our shower and bed.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment