Saturday 14 September 2019

Sun, 8th Sept, 2019 Bush camp, 10km south of Meekatharra, WA



7.30am 18.4 degrees, clear sky and breezy.

I rang Mum and Dad. Mum was very happy a young Canadian lady beat Serena Williams in the US Open. We were having a lovely chat when the phone signal disappeared. Amazing how it can do that.

The fridge had gotten hotter overnight so we pulled it out – not any easy job. Then turned it onto its side then onto its roof to make the coolant in the pipes move. Back upright then we did it again. Hopefully that will shift the blockage. It will take about 12 hours for the temperature to cool down again.

Had a cuppa and played Skipbo – my turn for a winning spree.

The wind has picked up and it is 31 degrees at lunch time.

Steve went detecting. I read for a bit then a strong wind blew and rocked the van and I saw a big willy willy roar past the van. Luckily the dusty bit missed us as all the windows and vents are open.

I went for my walk up and down the track. Another willy willy came hurtling towards me so I ducked behind a bush and again the dusty bit went to the other side of the van. Hope the next one doesn’t go down the middle!

Back to the van to continue my book with a cuppa. Steve came back – no joy again.

The phone reception never returned so we will go back into town tomorrow so we can sort out the fridge with the company we purchased it from in Perth. It has a 3 year warranty and we got it last year.

Played some more games of Skipbo over drinks – even wins. Watched TV as the wind continued to blow outside. Lucky we have lots of TV Series and movies to watch.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment