Saturday 3 March 2018

Fri, 2nd Mar, 2018 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld



Rain through the night and still raining and dark at 8am.

Rain stopped as we dropped Dad off at his AIR (Independent Retirees) meeting though the gutters were so full you needed a canoe to get across it. Val Brotherton (no relation) came up so she hopped in the car and we took her across the drain to the meeting too.

Called into Tuckshop to say bye to the girls then Mum and I headed to the shops to get her reading glasses fixed and pick up a couple of things. Chatted with people I knew as we went along which was lovely.

Mum dropped me off at Central Shopping Centre to meet Kaylene and Rick. As I was walking along I ran into Yanneke. Will catch up with her next time. I have had a great time catching up with everyone. Wendy, Sarah and Andrea joined us for lunch which was very entertaining listening to the stories.

Wendy and I went looking for jeans as her and David are off to Melbourne soon.

She dropped me off in the afternoon at Daniel’s so I could see what he has done to the house since Francesca moved in. She has another cat, very old but lovely so there are lots of cat toys around. The boys and their fur babies – Dan cats, Jon dogs.

Jon and Jess came home so went and played with the dogs for a bit then had dinner with them.

The moon is out and full as they drove me home. Maybe the rain is finished for a bit. Poor Townsville has been copping it all lately – they’ll be able to call it Greensville soon rather than Brownsville.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment