Thursday 1 March 2018

Sun, 25th Feb, 2018 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld



Arrived after a bumpy, no sleep, flight across to Cairns at 5.10am. My wonderful son, Daniel got out of bed to pick me up then drop me off at Mum and Dad’s. Dad let me in then with a quick hello we all went back to bed.

Late breakfast with Mum and Dad. Hot and humid so the fans are all on. I gave Dad his ‘pussycat’ that Margaret gave me for him. As it isn’t practical for them to have a cat (in case they fall over it etc) this one is perfect for a pat and doesn’t eat much!! Forgot to take a photo of the ‘cat’ when I took their photos relaxing.

Rang Margaret to say I had arrived ok so she could let Steve know. It was raining there so he was still in the van.

Went to the shops to get some groceries for dinner tonight. Meeting Daniel’s girlfriend, Francesca and her parents, Val and Hank as well as having Jon and Jess over.

Rang Kaylene – no answer, tried the home phone, no luck then tried Rick – no answer either. Tried Wendy and got her – walking with David in Kuranda on the Barron Falls track. I said what were they doing and where were they having a cuppa but she said Kuranda so I said that was too far. Meet me in Cairns instead – so she got a surprise that I was here. We arranged to have lunch when they got back down to Cairns. Rick rang back and he was suitably surprised too as we were only chatting with him yesterday. Kaylene rang then after she had talked with Wendy. I had given her a fright as she couldn’t think why I would be ringing again after yesterday’s chat. Oops – good fright though.

Met Kaylene and Wendy at the Balaclava and had a lovely lunch and caught up on the news.

Back home for a rest before getting dinner ready.

Getting very hot and sticky – didn’t help with the oven on etc. Then it got dark as the thunder started to rumble and then some lightning flashes and more rumbling. Reminds me of my younger days when thunder storms were the norm over the Christmas holidays. After a bit more rumbling the rain started which cooled things off a bit.

Daniel and Francesca arrived early with her parents, Val and Hank. They are such lovely people. So glad to know Daniel has found someone so caring and with such great parents who think our son is so wonderful. Daniel and Fran have a kitten too so they brought her along to show Dad. Jon and Jess arrived later and we had a fabulous night chatting about everything. So nice to be home with my wonderful family – missing Steve of course.

Had the camera out but forgot to take photos!! Too tired to think by then!!

Lovely and cool outside after the rain as we said goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment