Friday 2 March 2018

Tues, 27th Feb, 2018 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld



Nice morning – still cloudy with some blue sky. The kookaburras are singing well. Lots of Blue Mountain butterflies flitting about our garden though they never stay still long enough to get a photo.

Called into Tuckshop again to see our ‘granny’ volunteer, Dot. Lucky she has a good heart as she got a big surprise and then Laura came in and was very excited to see me. So nice to be greeted so fondly by my friends.

Met Louis at a café for a cuppa and catch up. Business is going well – too well, he is so busy.

Lunch at home with Mum and Dad. Clouding over and very humid. Rang Russell to see what he and Val were up to. He said Susan and Christine were coming over for Cross-stitch tonight to I said I would ‘call’ at 8 so I could chat. He still thought I was in WA.

I was about to leave when I saw a big lightning flash and the biggest crack of thunder cracked straight over our heads. Boy did I jump. Waited a bit but there were no more so headed off down to visit Allards.

As I drove down the road I could see the rain falling over Bayview. Got to Wendy’s just as it started to come down. Steve was working, planning to retire in July. Had a nice arvo chatting. They have 3 grandchildren now with another one due in April.

Back home for drinks with Mum and Dad. They had a bottle of bubbly in the fridge so we got out the ‘proper’ crystal glasses and toasted being together again.

Lorraine texted to say Val is in hospital. She had pain - mild heart attack and the ulcer on her leg is infected causing a high temperature so they put her in to clear that up. Too much partying with us last night!! She has been through so much but she is such a strong person though I think she has nearly used up her 9 lives.

Had dinner of leftovers from Sunday night then I went over to Valerie and Russell’s. Tried ringing Pete first but no answer. Pete rang back and said his flight home the other day from Perth was cancelled because one of the hostesses was ill and they don’t have any relief staff in Perth so they put all the passengers up for the night in a hotel and they were shuffled onto other flights the next day. Glad mine wasn’t that bad.

Russell answered the door and his face was a picture when he saw I was standing there. Michelle was home too so my surprise was good. I opened the door for the other two which was fun. Had a great night catching up. Valerie and Russell are heading over to Perth in May to see Kirsten and her fiancé. They will marry there next April.

No-one believes me when I say it was 10 months ago that I was last in Cairns. It feels like I haven’t been away, I just slot back in.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment