Monday 12 March 2018

Thurs, 8th Mar, 2018 Bush camp, near Mount Jackson, WA



Cool morning which is nice as we know the day will get hot again. February is supposed to be the hot month but as we had an unusual cool one it decided to start March off with some heat!!

When I got stuff out for breakfast I commented that the fridge isn’t coping – the gas was on and we had turned it up a bit. Steve did some investigating and the back had cracked off – another dirt road did it in!! Well after 12 years I suppose we can’t complain. We had patched up a shelf, the freezer door and just lately the door hinge had broken so it was trying to tell us something. Could have done it a week ago while we were still in town!! Luckily Margaret has room in her freezer and fridge as they are only with us for a couple of weeks so she wasn’t full up like I was. I had the fridge/freezer in the truck but it was already full.

We had internet service with the aerial so I got on line and looked up fridges. Steve thought of changing to a 12 volt only one but they are skinnier and taller which would mean work to the cabinet then we would need another battery and solar panel and they weren’t that much cheaper than the 3 way fridge. Ordered the same one as we have through CaravanPlus who we have dealt with before. First date when calculating the freight was 20th but once I put the order through it said the 14th which will be great.

Went out detecting – need a big nugget now to pay for the new fridge!!

After lunch I stayed in the van and worked on my blog.

Later we checked out a pending exploration lease up the road but no luck there.

Enjoyed the afternoon drinks as the heat disappeared and dinner under the stars again.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment