Thursday 22 March 2018

Mon, 19th Mar, 2018 Malcolm Dam, near Leonora to Webster’s Mine, east of Leonora, WA



7am 17.5 degrees, clear sky.

Rang Dometic Australia to see if they have our fridge in WA and they do so I just have to arrange it through a dealer. Sent an email back to Caravan Plus advising them of this but they can’t deal with Perth Dometic so he asked if I wanted to cancel the order and he would credit my credit card with the full amount. Yes please – I thought that might have been hard to get organised. I rang Ian from Caravan Shed that I had spoken to and they organised the fridge to be delivered to Leonora. Yeah – we should have a fridge by the end of the week.

Margaret sent a text they had arrived home safely so I rang her back for a chat.

Into town for water and some tomatoes and fruit. Chatted with the couple who own the IGA – he had been in the Army in Townsville in the 70s and remembers marching all the way to Cairns.

Back to camp and we packed up and headed 34km along the road towards Laverton to Webster’s Mine (pending mining lease). Found a spot to park with a bit of shade.

A lot more flies out here but my new magnet flymesh seems to be keeping most of them out of the van. They settled down after sunset so we sat outside for drinks while we heated our shower water up on the fire. Cooking inside tonight. Spotted 10 satellites – well Steve spotted most of them and one plane that must have just taken off from a mine nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment