Thursday 1 March 2018

Sat, 24th Feb, 2018 Bob & Margaret’s, near Mandurah, WA to Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld (David’s birthday)



Rang Mum and Dan about my flight home tonight. Dan will pick me up at 5am tomorrow. I have kept it a secret from my friends so looking forward to surprise visits.

Deanne rang – leaving Wave Rock heading south so I gave her a few spots to check out.

Said bye to Bob and Margaret as they were heading up to Dwellingup to visit Brett.

We pottered about then had lunch. Headed into town for a cuppa with Kev and Linda before heading up to Perth.

Kaylene and Rick rang as they had all had lunch together in Cairns and was filling us in on what's been happening. Will be a great surprise when I turn up tomorrow!!!

Called into Tom and Sandy’s for drinks then BBQ dinner. I helped Tom with his Tengraph download so he is already for detecting time now. Steve and Sandy had a couple of games of Sequence while we were busy. Craig and Cheryl who we met at Quinns with Tom and Sandy the first time we went there arrived too. They are from Cairns and are heading home tonight on the same flight as me. Dave and Cheryl joined us too so we had a great evening. Just as I was going to get changed for my flight the power went out. Said farewell then headed up to the airport. Bye to Steve at 9.30 as he has the hour drive back. He will have a fun week with Bob and Kev doing final bits before we head off next week.

Sat with Craig and Cheryl waiting for our flight but after all the passengers came off the plane from Cairns they announced there would be a delay of half hour as there was a medical emergency on board and they were waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

Eventually at 11pm we were called up. I thought I would be tech-savy and use my Android smart phone for my boarding pass but when I went up they couldn’t scan it, so I had to wait till everyone was scanned on before they could check me in!! Back to getting a paper one next time.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.




No comments:

Post a Comment