Friday 28 October 2016

Wed, 26th Oct, 2016 Mum & Dad’s, Cairns, Qld


Lovely clear morning. Feeling brighter, must have been the heavy sky yesterday making us feel so tired. Steve wasn’t feeling too good last night and had a bit of a cough but was feeling a bit better this morning. He had been saying how he hadn’t been sick so hence you shouldn’t talk about it!!

I went off to Tuckshop. Dot was in and she got a big surprise when I walked in. So did Laura – so great to see them again. Had a great morning – they are working a lot harder now as there are a lot more kids using the Tuckshop. They also need someone to do the new uniforms that have been created so I got offered a job!! Ha ha – would do it if I was still around. They were all impressed with our gold haul. I remembered my camera so got a few snaps. On my last day of work I had written ‘Sharon was here’ on some sticky tape holding the rice container and they had put it on one of the shelves and are careful not to wipe it out when wiping the benches. I updated it with ‘Sharon was here, again’. They are wonderful group of ladies and I do miss working with them.







Dave & Majella rang, back in Gympie after their time detecting in Charters Towers  - did well too.

Stopped in to see Louis as my USB of the World Ski Record attempt wasn’t working so he copied me a new one and I got my CD back that I leant him. Great to see him again – been working so much – should be slowing down but his business is just getting busier.

Coffee with Valerie and Russell and their two grandchildren, Chase & Mia – lovely kids. Russell had a hard drive of movies which he leant me so we will have plenty to watch when we can’t get any TV reception.

Tried Lou’s USB and it worked fine. Funny looking back at what everyone was wearing in the 80s etc.

Dad cooked dinner tonight – down to the Chinese shop!!

Steve all packed for his trip up to the Palmer Goldfields tomorrow using Brian’s 4WD. Joke is that last time he borrowed Brian’s car he hit the cow and wrote it off – hopefully it won’t happen again!!




No comments:

Post a Comment