Friday 7 July 2017

Mon, 3rd July, 2017 Bush camp, near Meekatharra, WA (new fireplace)


7am 7.5 degrees inside so would be about 4 outside!! Warms up quickly though once the sun gets the beams happening. Lovely clear sky again. I can handle the cold as long as the sun is out.

We have a friend waiting for something to eat by the door.


Didn’t take long for his friends to arrive!! They have a lovely little song but I don’t think they are magpies – maybe a type of butcher bird.


Back to the cleaning up the turned over area. Not expecting to find much other than rubbish and to my surprise out came a beautiful quartz specimen with gold cap.

Tom showed me how to do a Specific Gravity test and gave me the formula to calculate how much gold is in it.

The boys went out for a firewood run while I worked on my End of Year stuff on my computer. It gives us a clear picture of how we are travelling financially. Made a cuppa and wandered over to see what Sandy was up to – she just made a lemon slice.

Steve rang Rick to see how he was going.

Steve decided he wanted a better fireplace so got lots of quartz rocks and created this beautiful fireplace.


Enjoyed our drinks around it then cooked dinner and even stayed out again to eat dinner – lovelies warmers full of coals too.






No comments:

Post a Comment