Saturday 1 July 2017

Sat, 24th June, 2017 Bush camp, near Meekatharra, WA


7.30 am 12.8 degrees, cloud bands covering the sun and there is another cloud band in the west.

Steve went off detecting while I stayed in the van to catch up on my blog. Steve put the genie on before he left so I could charge my laptop as I worked. Should have put the heater on too! Even got the blog uploaded as Lara had the booster on.

Dark clouds appeared in the north but they moved on. Cold wind today – forecast for a top of 18 degrees!!

By lunch big black clouds came over and dropped a sprinkle of rain drops on the van.

I went for a wander along the road where I found a couple of bits when we first came here and was rewarded with a couple more.

Drizzly shower of rain in the arvo so I got my book out for the first time in ages. It is another one of the Jason Bourne ones with lots of different bits so had to reread a bit to remember who was who in it!! This one hasn’t been made into a movie.

Steve pottered around with the pipework etc at the camp.

Lara got us all over for a BBQ dinner. The boys cut a 44 in half to use as the fire pit and they found some wire grill to use as the plate. Amazing what you can make do with. Very cold wind so we were all enjoying the fire’s warmth. Had a great night chatting and laughing. About 8.30 we headed back to our vans just as a drizzle of rain came down.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment