Saturday 14 May 2016

Fri, 13th May, 2016 Bush camp, 14km SE of Meekatharra, WA


Slept in, 8am 20 degrees, clear sky and a light wind. Hope Black Friday is gold for us.

Rochelle rang from Tuckshop as Wendy B showed them the photo I sent via her Facebook page. They were most impressed. Chatted with Jenny too as I missed her the other week. They are having a huge week and will all be glad to see the weekend – wondering if I can be capable of working again!! This life is too good.

The wind has swung around to the west and is quiet warm. Worked on my photos for the family tree program. I always have something to keep me busy.

Boys back for lunch, Jeff keep his tally growing with another two little ones. None for Steve. A lot hotter today, 33 degrees in the van. Wind has stopped too. All the windows and vents are open and I am into shorts and singlet.

I have lost my battle with the dry wind and even though I have been plastering myself in creams and taking by Lysine tablets I have ended up with a cold sore.

Lyn and I had a few games of Rummykub then went looking for firewood. Doing a potato bake in the camp oven tonight with chicken kiev. Clouds on the horizon.

Boys back, Jeff empty-handed this time. Steve had two that he had just got before they left. A small one with iron stone on it and a large one with gold through it. Won’t know the gold weights till we put them in acid to melt off the ironstone.



Texted Jon to check on Bandit after his surgery – all good, just groggy.

Dinner worked out well and it was perfect weather to be outside watching the fire and stars. Mackerel clouds are making their way across the sky. Lyn and Jeff can get the radio in their truck and van but we can’t get anything. Listened to some nice music as we sat around the fire.



No comments:

Post a Comment