Monday 30 May 2016

Sun, 29th May, 2016 ‘Belly Plate Camp’, near Goodin Mine, 93km NE of Meekatharra, WA


Cold this morning, 12 degrees at 7.30am with all the van closed up!! Clear blue sky and no wind.

Jeff & Lyn headed back to their patch and Steve went to his to make sure they have got everything there. I headed off for my walk in jumper and long pants as the breeze has come up and it is quite chilly but lovely in the sunshine. As I walked back along the road two 4WDs came towards me. Two couples doing a sightsee, they are camped in another area and have only been getting little bits too.

Walked over to Steve for a cuppa. He had found 4 bits so far. I walked back and continue my family tree photos.

Jeff & Lyn came back with a few more bits of gold. Steve found another 3 so had 7 for the morning totalling 1.3 grams. Our scales have stopped working so weighed them on Jeff’s scales.

Got the fire going and prepared the stew for dinner tonight. Going to cook it slowly through the afternoon.

Steve and the others headed off in search of new areas. Unfortunately they returned with no gold. A few clouds were coming over as the sun set. The stew was cooking nicely and tasted delicious. The sky has cleared and I looked in the other direction and spotted a satellite.

Going to be chilly again tonight so might crank up the heater.


No comments:

Post a Comment