Friday 27 May 2016

Tues, 24th May, 2016 ‘Belly Plate Camp’, near Goodin Mine, 93km NE of Meekatharra, WA


7.30am 16.4 degrees, nicer temp. Sunny and still.

Alan’s birthday – tried sending a text last night but it didn’t go through. Will have to try later.

Steve headed back to his ‘patch’ and came back with 11 nuglettes – his name as they are too small to call nuggets. Total of 2.4 grams though with the biggest one being 0.5 grams.

Jeff had gone to check out another spot his mate marked and came back all excited as he got a strong signal from in an area of that hard calcrete. After lunch he and Steve headed back with the angle grinder, hammer and chisel to see if they can find what is making the signal.

I cooked some Anzac cookies and put the roast in the Ecopot as the wind has come up so mightn’t get a fire tonight. There is supposed to be another front coming through. Nice warm day, 27 degrees.

Lyn and I went for a drive back to the Hole in the Hill to try to get internet signal. I could just get on to Facebook and my blog but not enough signal to upload my blog. Saw I had an email from Kev & Linda but couldn’t open it so sent her a text to let them know where we are. They are still in Darwin apparently. Sent through Alan’s birthday wish via text message.

Back to camp for a cuppa. I worked on my colouring in book. Very relaxing though I wish I had more colours!!

The wind has settled so I got the fire going. The sun has set and is making beautiful colours on the clouds.


The boys are late so hopefully that’s a good sign.

Well it was for Steve but unfortunately they didn’t find any pot of gold in the calcrete. Steve went detecting though and found a new patch bringing back 5 nuggets totalling 2.5 grams (1g, 0.5g, 0.5g, 0.3g and 0.2g). His jar is starting to look better.

Clouds moving over us but the wind has stopped so should be a nice night.




No comments:

Post a Comment