Saturday 28 May 2016

Fri, 27th May, 2016 ‘Belly Plate Camp’, near Goodin Mine, 93km NE of Meekatharra, WA (Rock hole)


7.30am 18.3 degrees overcast, no wind. A few spits of rain during the early hours of the morning.

Drove up to Jeff’s patch up on the ridge we passed the other day when we went to Tunnel Hill. Checked out the rock hole with its resident goanna. He wasn’t worried about us wandering around. You wouldn’t know the hole was there until you were right on it. Would be interesting to know how big the actual hole area is.







Jeff got a signal but it didn’t produce any gold.

Drove over to the ridge edge with a great view across to Tunnel Hill.


Better phone and internet reception here up on the ridge.

Got texts through, one from Jon and Louis so gave them all call and had a great chat. Lou was concerned as there hadn’t been any blog updates for a while. Should have put a note on Facebook saying we might be out of range for a while. So nice to have friends that care. Rang Mum & Dad then Tracy & Grant. Tried Rick and Kaylene but when I was chatting with Wendy she said that were going up the tablelands. So nice to be able to chat with everyone again. I forgot to bring up the phone charger so have used up its power with my chats so will have to bring it next time so I can chat for longer!! Dan was on Facebook so had a chat with him online.

Missed a call from the Turnbulls while I was on the internet updating my blog etc. They are nearly at Darwin now.

I went for a walk with my camera.



Found another beginning of a rockhole and a nice tree.


Cloud then sunshine today with gusty wind. Steve found one little nuglet while I was on the computer.

Stopped at the mine site for a quick look around. Obviously he has all the gold out of this shaft as he is using it as his rubbish dump now.


Don’t think I would be too keen climbing down there.


Back to van for late lunch. His nuglet came in at 0.4 grams. A lot flatter than the ones from his patch.


I went for a walk and Steve headed back to his patch.

Lyn and I had a cuppa, did some crosswords then played some Sequence. The wind died down abit so I got the fire going just as Steve drove up. He got another 7 nuglets (1.2 grams) so he is still going ok with his 1 gram per day program.

Jeff got a few more from his area too. Clouds drifted across the stars. I saw a falling star and made a wish. No satellites but heaps of planes tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment