Friday 27 May 2016

Sun, 22nd May, 2016 ‘Belly Plate Camp’, near Goodin Mine, 93km NE of Meekatharra, WA


7.30am 14.4 degrees, blue sky and no wind. So nice after the blustery day yesterday.

I went for my walk when Steve headed off detecting. Bit chilly so into the jeans and jumper.

Steve had found nothing till he was heading back towards the van for lunch then he came across a nice 0.9 gram nugget. But it was an orphan. Need to find where all the families live!!



Only got to 22 degrees in the van today as the breeze is quite chilly. I worked on my family history photos for a while then joined Lyn for a cuppa in the sunshine to warm up.

Steve came back empty-handed and with a sore back. He had changed to his large coil hoping to find where his orphan’s family was!! Jeff got a couple of pieces.

I made up an Impossible Pie and cooked it in the camp oven – perfect. Steve did the steak and sausages in the bush cooker so we had a delicious dinner by the fire. The moon is full and the sky clear. Spotted a couple of satellites too.

I wonder who won the V8 race yesterday and today at Winton, Vic. No TV here of course so will have to find out later.

My phone got a signal and I got two messages through. One from Telstra and the other from Rebecca and Clive. I had said she should pack warm clothes as they were heading inland and up to Darwin. She texted to say it was hot!! Oh well, she will thank me when it gets cooler!! I managed to get off a text back saying we were cold here. They are in Katherine.

Van all closed up as it is getting quite chilly. Going to be a cold night.



No comments:

Post a Comment