Monday 1 August 2016

Mon, 25th July, 2016 Bush camp, Mosquito Creek Goldfields, NE of Nullagine, WA (Jeff’s birthday)


7am 17 degrees, still overcast and windy. Wished Jeff a happy birthday. I will bake him a cake for tonight as he and Steve are heading off detecting. I am going to do the washing as the sun is trying to peek through the clouds and the wind will dry the clothes quickly.

Washing done so after lunch I took my detector for a walk. Didn’t find anything then went to the first patch I found and as I walked up beside where I had dug, I got a ‘hello’. Well fancy that, they say you don’t get it all. And even better there were two little nuggets in the hole. I put on my rock cairns and then picked up the detector and only a foot away got another signal next to another hole and this one was a lovely specimen piece. Very happy with that for an hour’s work.


Back to the van to weigh them.0.38 for the two gold bits and 1.08 for the specimen so will lose a bit there when we dissolve the rock away from the gold with some acid later on.

Baked my Gingerbread Spiced Pumpkin Cake for Jeff then created a Gold Tally document on the computer so we can see how much we have made so far – very nice I must say. All the little bits slowly add up.

The wind has stopped at last at 5.30pm when the boys got back. Unfortunately not a profitable day – Steve got one tiny bit, 0.17 gram and Jeff got nothing. Such a shame as it is his birthday but at least he got a cake from me. Had tea then had the cake for dessert under canopy of stars.

The breeze picked up again as we went into the van to watch a movie. Missed out on watching the V8s in Ipswich over the weekend so will have to catch up online one day. Jeff called out a bit later so say that all the stars had disappeared!!


No comments:

Post a Comment