Monday 8 August 2016

Thurs, 4th August, 2016 Bush camp, Mosquito Creek Goldfields, NE of Nullagine, WA


7am 16.9 degrees with a light breeze.

By 9am the wind was back again.

Steve and Jeff headed off exploring. I drove back to my gridded area and gridded some more across the creek from where I was yesterday. The earphones are a pain but I can hear the signals better so maybe I have been missing the little ones. Will have to go over my other patches again. I got my smallest piece yet – much rather the bigger ones as you have to go chasing the little ones in the dirt.

Ended up with 7 bits for 1.07 grams so I reached my gram a day target!!



Steve and Jeff came back with nothing.

After lunch I got 6 more bits for 1.29 grams so I can have tomorrow off!!


Steve went back to the bank they dug out and dug some more. He found 3 bits for 0.75 – oh dear, guess who is cooking dinner tonight!!


Drove to our phone reception area and checked the messages on my phone and emails etc. Got onto CBA so I could shuffle money about. Rang Jon as he had texted that the couple in the house with him were moving out. Hopefully they will do the right thing and leave it clean and pay all their bills!! I rang Josh to let him know what is expected according to the agreement he signed. He has another chap arranged to move in.

Had a lovely chat with Mum and Dad and even got onto Daniel – so lovely to hear his voice and to know he is well and happy.

Rang Malcolm and Kerry as they are coming over to WA for a 50th but it is south so we won’t be able to catch up with them. Poor Tassie has had such a beating with all the rain recently.


Back to camp for dinner and chat around the fire with Jeff.


No comments:

Post a Comment