Monday 15 August 2016

Mon, 15th August, 2016 Bush camp, near Marble Bar, WA


7am 21.7 degrees, a lot more clouds and windy. Ray and Carol tooted as they headed off.

Jeff headed off too. Steve headed back to Salgash Mine area. I stayed at camp to put on a silverside for lunch meat. Rang Tuckshop and chatted with Rochelle – looking forward to seeing them all in November.

I went for a walk with my detector over the hills around camp but only found lead shot and a bit of old tin. Worked on my blog as I had lots of photos to sort from our sightseeing day. Put up a heap of photos on Facebook too which gets a lot of comments.

A lot windier today but the awning is ok at the moment. 12.30pm, it is 34.3 degrees.

Baked a slice then rang Mum and Dad for a lovely long chat.

Steve came back happy with 11 nuglets from the bank below where I found my bits yesterday. Nice collection for 3.33 grams so a good day.


He also found a little toy gun as he detected along the track. He found a bullet too in another hole.


Started packing up to head off with Jeff tomorrow back to his spot. Rang Rick to chat about Mike’s nugget.


No comments:

Post a Comment