Thursday 4 August 2016

Wed, 3rd August, 2016 Bush camp, Mosquito Creek Goldfields, NE of Nullagine, WA


7am 13.3 degrees, clear sky and no wind.

The boys headed back to Ziggy’s area to see if he left any gold!!

I drove down to the flat near where the boys had been digging out the bank, as Jeff had got a couple of bits there. I got out my chain and gridded the area. Found 6 pieces by lunch so was feeling good.

27 degrees in the van and the wind is picking up again.

Back to work but I only found one more bit – it was a wobbly bit that was two halves held together by a strand of gold. Very prickly as it hasn’t travelled anywhere to make it smooth.

I went back to camp at 4 for a cuppa. Decided to wash my hair as the sun was out and warm and the wind had settled. Filled up the bush shower and had my shower while I washed my hair this time. Nothing like being one with nature!!

I got the fire going so we could cook roast chicken and vegies. The boys got back just as the sun was setting. Jeff said he was amazed the others had missed his nugget – I laughed when he showed my his tiny, tiny little speck of gold!! Steve did better with three nuglets, an ironstone specimen and another quartz rock that he broke and got two little specimens from.


Lovely night again though it cools off quickly when the sun has gone so the van gets closed up early to keep a bit of the warmth in it. Enjoying having the other TV series and movies to watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment