Sunday 14 August 2016

Wed, 10th August, 2016 Bush camp, near Marble Bar, WA


7am 20 degrees, a few puffy clouds.

We all headed off detecting. I worked the hillside behind the van but got nothing so made a cuppa then headed up the hill beside the van where someone else had been digging holes. I got two rocks that made good sounds out of one hole and a little specimen. The other person had scraped dirt back into a neat flat surface and lo and behold, he left me a nice little nuglet, 0.30g.

Steve came back from all over but he had only found a quartz rock on the other side of the hill and one little specimen. He said for me to try where he got the rock as he thought my detector might find more little pieces. I got two little bits. I walked back over my ‘holes’ again and got another nuglet beside my ‘cairn’. See no-one gets it all.

Jeff brought me back a Sturt's Desert Pea. He said if I put it in water the other buds should come out also.

My two rocks before Steve hit them with the hammer.

My four little nuglets – very spiky and dirty.

You can see the gold in the rock. He kept smashing till we had little bits of gold. He will keep the rest and dolly it up one day and pan off the flecks of gold.

The bits of gold out of the two rocks.


I put the 4 nuglets and the bits of gold on the scales and got 1.13 grams so with the other bits in the quartz spec I reckon I have 1.3 grams.

Steve smashed his specimen and wondered why it wouldn’t break apart – it was a nice size nugget, 1.35 grams. So with his other little bit he had a total of 1.68 grams for today.



Lovely warm evening though the breeze is still pleasant – well chilly when showering outside!!





No comments:

Post a Comment