Monday 8 August 2016

Fri, 5th August, 2016 Bush camp, Mosquito Creek Goldfields, NE of Nullagine, WA


7.30am 17.4 degrees, clear blue sky and no wind.

Steve and I went back to the scrapes on the flats. I had a busy morning digging up 21 little nuglets for a total of 3.02 grams – yeah!!!


Steve got 5 pieces of which he called out ‘guess you are making lunch today as I have a 1.5 grammer!’ The four nuglets came to 1 gram.

Unfortunately when we cleaned it up there was a bit more quartz in it then he thought so gave him 1 gram for the gold part. I still made him lunch.



Back to the flats again. I went over the bank Steve had dug out and found two little pieces he couldn’t hear with the 5000. I got 4 more bits off the scrapes so 0.88 grams for the afternoon, giving me a total of 3.90 grams for the day – now I am making money!!


Steve didn’t get any more. Back to camp for a shower and to get dinner ready. Jeff came back late but he had been busy - he had a good day at Millionaire’s Gully!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment