Wednesday 21 November 2018

Sat, 17th Nov, 2018 Pastoral Station, 60km north of Sandstone, WA



7am 26 degrees, clear sky and cool breeze.

Checked on the chickens – didn’t let them out as Lance is going to deal with 4 more browns who are no longer laying eggs and could also be eating the eggs.

Steve and I started putting the shadecloth around the fence of the Guest Quarters to protect the plants from the strong wind. 


Carol continued with her vegie garden covers.

Doug, Lance and Steve then got to work on concreting an area to put the spa on in the newly shadecloth enclosed area.



Joy’s friend rang asking if she was free to look after their property for a few days at the end of the month. Joy asked if we would like to do it as it fits in just before we head to Leonora and it is in Sandstone so it is on our way. We said yes so we will head there on the 28th. Looking after chickens and watering (I can do that) and as it is an accommodation centre we might have to clean a room if needed and sort out any bookings which I should be fine with. Another thing to put on our resumes.

I made some pasta salad and pulled out sausages so I suggested to Joy that we have a BBQ night. As I have fresh lettuce etc I can do a tossed salad – the lettuces in the garden bed are nearly ready for salads. 

The sunflowers are beautiful.


11.30am 35 degrees in the van so I swapped over the freezer blocks to help our fridge out.

The boys continued with the concreting and got one side done ready for the spa pool.

The wind is now hot and gusty. 3pm 38 degrees! As Kayla was having a sleep I put on my togs and just got wet under the shower then sat under the awning reading my book. Very nice with the wind blowing on me.

Joined the others for our BBQ night and had a great time chatting.

9pm 30 degrees in the van but it feels cooler outside. Lovely clear sky with half a moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment