Saturday 17 November 2018

Wed, 14th Nov, 2018 Pastoral Station, 60km north of Sandstone, WA



7.30am 23 degrees, clear sky and quite breezy.

Carol and Doug arrived so I did the online schooling with Kayla this morning.

Carol and Doug set up their camper trailer on the other side of the guest quarters – like us they are comfortable in their ‘home’.

Steve went to turn on the house bore pump then pottered about in the shed. I got more school work done with Kayla.

34 degrees in the van at lunch time and there is no breeze.

Steve checked Lance’s hot water system then he took Doug for a drive to detect as Lance didn’t have any jobs he needed done.

I decided to bake to use up the gas bottle so we can get it replaced on Friday when we head into Meekatharra. I made some Anzac and Crunchy Cornflake cookies. Kayla and Lance were baking too and Kayla brought me down a blueberry muffin and an invite for a dip in the spa. I was still baking so I said I would be up later. Got to 36 degrees in the van – just what I needed to do on a hot day!! Should have done this when it was raining and cold.

Took Kayla up some cookies but she was out of the spa. Lance was sitting on the edge soaking his feet so I joined him. Just the trick to cool us down.

Steve came back with a rattle in his jar – two more little nuglets.

Drinks and chatting then watered the fruit trees.

Carol asked if I wanted to go for a walk so I joined her for a walk down to the front gate and back just on twilight. The horses were heading that way too so they trotted along beside us.

I checked the chooks were all inside and locked the gate. The goannas wander by but I haven’t had to deal with one yet.

Lovely warm evening but quite comfortable with a fan on. No need to heat the shower water today.

Clear sky and so many stars.

NO PHOTOS TODAY.



No comments:

Post a Comment