Sunday 11 November 2018

Wed, 7th Nov, 2018 Pastoral Station, 60km north of Sandstone, WA



Kept the van windows closed as it was still cool. 7.30am 17 degrees with a blustery cold wind. Clear sky.

I let out the chooks, only 1 egg. Cleaned out their home and gave them fresh hay. Steve fed the horses then headed towards Gidgee Mine to try his luck.

I did another horse poo run – always need more fertiliser.

Very gusty today – a big willy willy tore through the garden near the guest house but it was all closed up so that saved a clean up job. Our van is on the other side so it was protected and the windows are still closed from the cool night. I transplanted some little succulents into some other pots where plants had died or been eaten.

I put on The Lake House – one of my ‘favourites’ that I keep for special occasions and today felt like a nice day to just sit and enjoy it.

Pottered around the vegie gardens – propping up tomatoes etc and picked a few ripe ones.

Getting hotter – opened up the windows of the van again. 3pm 32 degrees.

Joy for Steve at last – one tiny nuglet but at least it is a start.

The flies are bad again as I watered the vegies.

Another beautiful sunset.


The wind has stopped at last. Warmer night, 7pm 28 degrees. Sky clear and full of stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment