Saturday 10 November 2018

Tues, 6th Nov, 2018 Pastoral Station, 60km north of Sandstone, WA (Terry’s birthday)



Joy, Lance and Kayla left at 6am in the truck.

7am I got up and it was only 15.5 degrees!!

I let out the chooks. Warmer out in the sunshine. Clucky is happy in her cage, I gave her some more grain. One of the big chooks laid an egg so I slipped it under her so she can hatch another one.




Grabbed the portable phone from the house to take any messages and to give Steve’s dad, Terry, a call for his birthday. No answer, left message and will try later.

Rang Mum and Dad for a lovely long chat. All good there. My nephew David remarried on the weekend and they all had a great time. Val has been in and out of hospital again with fluid build-up, poor thing. Had a bit of rain.

Did another load of horse poo then caught up on my blog.

Steve came back for lunch so we looked at some more of our photos from 2 years ago. We had arrived in Wiluna in July and I had photographed this information about the Canning Stock Route and the Gunbarrel Highway. It was in the layby as you enter Wiluna so I didn’t think about it when we headed off in May. It was interesting to read again so I have included it here. Also the cutouts for Canning and Len Beadell that were around the park.






Checked on the chooks and it looks like another brown might be wanting to nest too. Got another bigger egg so put that under the nesting one.

Wendy sent a photo of her and Sandy enjoying themselves at Melbourne Cup. I gave her a call and she said they missed me. A photo had come up on Facebook the other day of us heading off to the actual Melbourne Cup four years ago.

Rang Kaylene but she had just gone out so had a chat with Rick. Rang Margaret and Bob for a chat too.

Drinks watching our old photos. Lovely cool evening. Sky covered in stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment