Saturday 10 September 2016

Fri, 9th Sept, 2016 Bush camp near Granite Hills Well, 45km E of Nullagine, WA


7am 21 degrees, cool breeze and clear blue sky.

Headed back up into Upper Mosquito Creek again and kept going to the southern end of the lease. Found some old timer shafts and detected around them – nothing but old bits of steel.

Back to the first spot we tried on Father’s Day. We wandered around trying other slopes etc then I went back over where Steve had found the 4 nuglets. Amazingly I found 8 more around his holes in an area of a few metres – how did we miss them as I had gone over it the last time too!! Steve found 3 nicer sized ones on the other slopes. I went over to where he had two beside each other and I found another two – pays to double check!!

Explored other tracks but no more gold. Steve’s 3 came to 2.69 grams while my 10 only got 1.35 grams but we are happy again as that was 4 grams for the day.




Lovely evening by the fire though the southerly breeze is getting cooler so closed up the van at bedtime.




No comments:

Post a Comment